Sunday 10 August 2014

Thoughtful Fairies

 This card was made in an attempt to try and use a 'less is more' theory. I have chosen a large A5 size funky card blank from Hunkydory and cut an aperture from the centre with a Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles Large die. The sentiment stamp, and indeed all the stamps, are from Lavinia.
I wanted to create a centre panel with a subtle background in my favourite colours. At my last craft class I went a little mad with my purchases and decided to add some Imagination Crafts Silkies paints to my basket. I have used them here to create my graduated background, and am really impressed with the seamless blending and sparkly finish you get. I used the colours called Pearl Satin, Turquoise Satin and Purple Lace. All the colours were put in large blobs on the top of a craft mat, dragged downwards with a brayer and then applied to the card in firm downward stripes. There are no lines, brush marks or streaks anywhere! Once the Silkies were dry I have then used Versafine ink to stamp the fairies and thistles. The ink soaked in really well, leaving a really subtle black behind which I have then embossed with clear detail powder. I have used Jones Tones iridescent glitter to add some fairy magic (you can't have fairies without some glitter!) The zen butterfly has been stamped onto white card, embossed and then coloured with the same colour Silkies as before. The antennae have been made from purple jewellery wire twisted into coils (I was defeated with whilst trying to 'fussy cut' them out!). Hope you like it, it's a bit of a different style for me! I am going to enter it in 2 challenges this month: Lisa Baker's Butterflies and Flowers and Lavinia's Add Some Glitter.

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Martina, using my favourite colours too! Thank you for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and beautiful Martina, I like the addition of the wire on the butterfly.
    Thank you for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge, good luck.
    Karen (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martina, that is gorgeous, I love every detail. The wire antennae on the butterfly look great. Thank you for joining the Lisa B Designs blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gentle colours on this and also the sheen. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, so pretty! I love your soft background, beautiful project! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps, good luck! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger